Who are Secure Recoveries?

Secure Recoveries is a debt collection agency and is part of the MYJAR Group of companies. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority – Authorisation number 691754. We are also registered under the Data Protection Act with the Information Commissioner’s Office number ZA030783.

Why have you contacted me?

If we have been in touch with you it means that we have been asked to recover a debt that you owe to someone. The details will be in the letter that we have sent to you.

If you don’t owe the money that we have written to you about, you should contact us so we can sort things out quickly.

My debt is managed by a debt management company (DMC), how should I proceed?

Please ask the debt management company currently handling your finances to contact us.

You should also contact us and let us know that your debt is managed by a debt management company and provide us with their details. We will hold action on your account and give an opportunity for your advisers to contact us as soon as possible.

I can't afford to pay - what should I do?

We will always work with you to help you to find ways to pay. You just need to talk to us and we will do all we can to find a solution that works for you.

You can also get free debt help from a number of organisations. Each one has trained staff and your information is treated confidentially.

One of the largest providers of free debt help is Payplan. They can help on line and by phone.

You can also get advice from National Debtline , Christians Against Poverty and StepChange Debt Charity. You can also find details of your nearest Citizens Advice office.

We will always work with these advice providers and most people who get advice like this, find it easier to repay their debts.

How do I complain?

We never mean to give our customers any cause to complain. We know that having debts is stressful enough so we always want to be helpful. If things go wrong, please tell us. You can contact us by

  • phone on 0131 603 5777
  • e-mail at complaints@securerecoveriesltd.com
  • writing to Secure Recoveries Ltd,
    Unit 22426
    Po Box 7169
    BH15 9EL

If you do need to complain, we will acknowledge your complaint within 24 hours. We will do our best to resolve the issue for you but if we cannot do this, we will tell you how to take the matter up with the Financial Ombudsman Service. This is a free government service and they will review your complaint and come to an independent decision that we must accept. You can read our complaints policy at Secure Recoveries Complaints Policy. You can see more about the Financial Ombudsman Service at FOS. A complaint is when you are not happy about the service we provide. It could include:

  1. If we have given you the wrong information
  2. If we had not delivered a service on time
  3. If you received poor quality of service
  4. If you had a problem with a member of staff.
How can I pay you?

It is easy to make payments to us. You can make one-off payments or you can set up regular payments so you don’t have to keep remembering to pay. You can make payments:

How much do you charge for collecting my debt?

We do not add any charges to you when we collect debts.

How do I know if you have received my payment?

If you make a payment on line, once the payment has been processed, a message will appear on screen to show that the money has been received. You will also see an authorisation code.

You can log in to your account at any time and all the payments that you have made to us will appear on your account page.

You can also call us at any time on 0131 603 5777 to check your payments.

If I ignore you, what will you do?

It’s never a good idea to ignore your debts. If you ignore us, we can’t help you. The debt won’t go away and if you won’t work with us, we may recommend to our client (the company that you owe money to) that they take further action against you. In some cases, this could include court action. Once a judgment has been registered, it will make it very difficult for you to get credit in the future.

I do not have a bank account. How can I pay?

We have different payment options available. Please see our “pay now or how to pay” section to find suitable payment option for you.

How can I change my repayment plan date?

In order to change your repayment plan dates you will need to contact us on 0131 603 5777

The debt is not mine. What should I do?

Please contact us as soon as possible and we will attempt to resolve this for you.

How do I cancel my Continuous Payment Authority

Continuous Payment Authority

If you wish to make regular repayments from your debit card, we will take the payments using a Continuous Payment Authority. We will never take more money than we have agreed with you.

If there is not enough money in your bank account to pay your instalment the morning it is due, we will try to take the payment again later that evening. If the second attempt fails, Secure Recoveries will try to contact you. No further payment attempts will be made without your consent.

You can cancel your continuous payment authority at any time. If you do so, you will need to agree an alternative method of making payment to us.

To cancel your Continuous Payment Authority you should contact us on 0131 603 5777. You can also e-mail us at info@securerecoveriesltd.com.

You can also tell your bank at any time to stop making payments under the Continuous Payment Authority.


What is my Password?